Sunday, October 21, 2012

Really Losing It Badly

You really know you are losing something when you see it circling the drain:

I thought I had weathered the Cytoxan administered at the start of the stem cell collection process without any serious side effects.  After all, that was over 2 weeks ago.  But Thursday I noticed that my hair felt different when I shampooed it.  And you see the aftermath of a shower on Friday above.  Combing my hair is like brushing the hair of our 11 year old yellow lab Colby who is currently deep into shedding season.  It results in a shower of loose hair that can get into just about anything.

So far I am not yet bald, but that does not feel as if that is very far away.  If I pull it, hair comes out is great gobs.  Otherwise there is not much medically going on.  I am just trying to close things out before going into the hospital on Friday for the stem cell transplant.  This weekend both boys were here, and they got lots of things done that I normally would have taken care of.  It feels good that the gutters clear, a project to remove 50 year old yew trees that were choking the house is complete, and tree limbs that came down in the Halloween snow storm last year that were blocking out pastures have been cleared away.  Barbie organized a family “last supper” for me Saturday night, and it really felt good to have their support.  Plus it was a treat to have Tyler, the ultimate tractor fan, sitting on my lap as I drove the tractor in support of the boys’ efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment